Downloadable teachers' resources (for conference resources, go to Conference menu)
- Role play of Aboriginal history in South Australia since 1800 (115kb word)
- Role play of Eyre Peninsula Aboriginal history (187kb word)
- Teaching about Aboriginal art and the Dreaming (10Mb ppt)
- Astronomy and Australian Indigenous Peoples (1.4Mb word)
- Dreaming stories and birds (463kb word)
- Places of worship to visit
Linked teachers' resources
- Economics and Business - Years 5-7 links http://economicsandbusiness.weebly.com/#/
- Civics and Citizenship - Years 5-7 links http://adelaidelawcourts.weebly.com/
- Geography - Years 5-7 links http://teachgeoliteracy.weebly.com/
RSL Virtual War Memorial http://www.rslvirtualwarmemorial.org.au A site full of South Australian and Northern Territory stories related to World War 1 (soon to include all of the 20th century conflicts in which South Australians has been involved). The human stories support the teaching of HASS History and the education section will be expanded in the near future. Students can research stories and other information on the site. They can also do original research themselves – family histories- to submit to the site.
- Aboriginal language map
Books for sale
Ngadjuri: Aboriginal people of the Mid North Region of South Australia
A full-colour, 148 page book, describing the country, Dreaming stories, language, traditional foods and life, archaeology, history from 1930s to today, interviews with Ngadjuri descendants, historical role play script and genealogies. It is a valuable resource adaptable for teaching early to senior secondary students.
A full-colour songbook and CD with 17 songs written by Adnyamathanha man, Buck McKenzie. It is suitable for kindergartens through to adults.
Terry Bradford, a friend of Buck McKenzie, has written a song 'McKenzie Highway' dedicated to Buck. It is performed by his band, the Texettes.
Aboriginal artists in South Australia
Features colour photos of a wide range of artists in their communities throughout South Australia, their artwork and interviews with them in their words. Some talk about their artwork and influences on their artwork while others tell very much about their life histories. It is indexed with artists' names, communities and types of art, eg photography, lino-cut, painting, jewellery, sculpture, pottery, etching, batik, artefacts.
116 pages, full colour. Please note that some of the artists have died since the book was published in 1998.
Cost $40, no GST included, plus $12 postage. Fewer than 20 copies remaining. Email order to email@example.com